Stollen for Christmas🎄. Remove the stollen from the oven, and brush them with melted butter. I like to make and share this festive delight with family and friends. The candied fruit and nuts add holiday color to a rich bread.
Stollen is a rich, cake-like yeast bread that's traditionally enjoyed in Germany during the Christmas season. The bread was mentioned for the first time in. Related searches. stollen christmas stollen from germany panettone women's low block heel black suede pump. You can have Stollen for Christmas🎄 using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stollen for Christmas🎄
- Prepare 300 g of bread flour.
- It’s 50 g of sugar.
- Prepare 4 g of salt.
- It’s 5 g of instant dry yeast.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 65 g of milk.
- It’s 50 g of butter.
- You need 50 g of raisin.
- Prepare 40 g of walnut.
- Prepare 15 g of almond slice.
Christmas Stollen, or Christstollen, is full of nuts, raisins, and candied fruit, and creates a delicious holiday treat. Like other Christmas fruit bread recipes, stollen is best when made weeks in advance. Storing the baked loaf for two to three weeks mellows and softens the flavor perfectly. Mark your calendar each year so you don't miss out.
Stollen for Christmas🎄 step by step
- Add flour, sugar, salt, yeast, egg, warm milk into a bowl and mix. (It will be powder-ly and less watery).
- Cut butter into small cubes and add it to the mixture(step 1)..
- When it formed to a hard dough, add dry fruits and nuts..
- Place it in a bowl, and wrap it in a plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm place for 30 min..
- Punch a dough nicely and let the air out. Roll the dough into a circle and let it rest for 10 min under wet towel/ kitchen paper..
- Stretch the dough into a rectangular shape.(the width should be half the size of rolling pin and rolling pin should be 4/3 of the rolling pin).
- Fold both end of the dough(picture shown below).
- Make a dense in the middle..
- Fold in half. Rise for 20min in. Bake in a oven that is preheated to 180c° (356F°)for 30min..
- Brush butter. Shift powdered sugar after cooling down..
Basti Bruecklmaier shows off a selection of nuts and raisins over which he pours flour, sugar, butter and a secret blend of spices to make one of Germany's tastiest treats – and some of his stollen is destined for Britain's Queen Elizabeth. The baker last year sent his friend Stefan Pappert. I grew up in southern Germany and celebrating the Christmas season without homemade Stollen was simply unthinkable. Christmas stollen, known in Germany as Christstollen, is a yeast bread that is baked with dried fruits, candied citrus peel, nuts and spices. German Stollen FAQ What is Stollen?