Chicken Tikka Masala.
chicken tikka masala, A lot of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, could boost your mood. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Turn to Food to Boost Your Mood
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken Tikka Masala is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chicken tikka masala using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tikka Masala:
- Prepare of Marinate (At least 1 Hr).
- Prepare 1 Cup of Plain Yogurt.
- Take 1 Tbls of Lemon Juice.
- Make ready 2 Tsp of Cumin.
- Get 1 Tsp of Cinnamon.
- Take 2 Tsp of Cayenne.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- Get 1 Tbls of Ginger Root.
- Make ready 1 Tsp of Salt.
- Take 3 Lbs of Chicken Breast, Bite Size Pieces.
- Get of Skewer and Grill.
- Prepare of Wooden Skewers.
- Get of Sauce.
- Take 1 Tbls of Salted Butter.
- Get 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeno, Diced.
- Make ready 2 Tsp of Cumin.
- Take 2 Tsp of Paprika.
- Take 1 Tsp of Salt.
- Get 1 (8 Oz) of Can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- Take of White Rice.
- Make ready 2 Cups of White Rice/ Couscous.
- Take 3-4 Cups of Water/ Whatever Ratio your Rice to Water is. I do 1-2.
- Make ready of Add Cilantro for Freshness.
Steps to make Chicken Tikka Masala:
- In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- (Optional) If you have Wooden Skewers, let them soak completely in a tub of water before using on chicken. This will prevent burning on the grill. Also, if you don't have a grill then you can use a cast iron skillet as a replacement for cooking the chicken. If you use the skillet then don't worry about skewering the chicken. (I suggest the grill if you have one though).
- Preheat Grill for High Heat. Once the chicken is done marinating for at least a hour, thread it onto the soaked skewers..
- Start boiling water for the white rice/Couscous.
- While your grill is pre-heating, make sure you dice your jalapeno and mince your garlic..
- Now depending on the white rice you chose you either want to start it after or before step 7. If it's 10-15 mins to cook it, then do it after. Any longer then do it before step 7..
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes..
- While your sauce is thickening, lightly oil the grill grate. Put Chicken on grill. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side..
- Once sauce is done simmering, add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Rice to bowl first, put chicken and sauce on top. Add Cilantro if using..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken tikka masala recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
If you wish to fight depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3 fats. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you overcome your depression.
Chicken Tikka Masala: Following a few of the suggestions above you will notice that you’ll be living a healthier life. Something that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.