Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce. Give these beautiful king prawns a touch of the caribbean – rolled in flaky coconut then fried to crispy perfection – before serving with either a zesty lemon, or spicy fish and lime sauce. When the coconut has turned light brown on one side, turn the prawns over and cook until crisp and golden on both sides. Tender coconut prawns coated in grated coconut, baked till golden and crispy then served with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce made with fresh pineapple and roasted habanero.
That said, I could eat these coconut. This sauce is so scrumptious I want to pour it over everything. These are shallow fried, not deep fried and the prawns cook VERY fast.
brad's coconut prawns with polynesian sauce, A lot of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and are to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. At times, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to consume. There are several foods that, when you eat them, can better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood
Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce is something that I have loved my whole life.
Give these beautiful king prawns a touch of the caribbean – rolled in flaky coconut then fried to crispy perfection – before serving with either a zesty lemon, or spicy fish and lime sauce. When the coconut has turned light brown on one side, turn the prawns over and cook until crisp and golden on both sides. Tender coconut prawns coated in grated coconut, baked till golden and crispy then served with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce made with fresh pineapple and roasted habanero.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have brad's coconut prawns with polynesian sauce using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce:
- Take of For the sauce.
- Take 2 jars of apricot pineapple preserves.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion, diced.
- Make ready 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tbs of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of ketchup.
- Take 1 tbs of yellow mustard.
- Take 3 tbs of cider vinegar.
- Get 2 tbs of white vinegar.
- Get of Juice of 1 lime.
- Take of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro.
- Take 1 of LG clove garlic, minced.
- Take 3 of jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare of For the prawns.
- Take 2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, deshell devein and butterfly.
- Prepare 1 pkg of shredded coconut.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of dry tempura batter.
- Take 1/2 tsp of each; salt, garlic powder, ginger, mustard, 5 spice.
- Take 1 cup of + 2 tbs ice cold water.
- Prepare 1 cup of ap flour.
- Take of Lemon slices for garnish.
This sauce is so scrumptious I want to pour it over everything. On cooked meats, seafood, as a salad dressing.let your imagination run These crunchy prawns / shrimp…so, I have to tell you, the first batch I made was just coated in coconut. But they just weren't that crunchy! Freezable (Freeze the sauce and warm up with frozen prawns.) Stir in the prawns and cook for a few mins more until they turn pink – take care not to overcook them or they'll become tough.
Instructions to make Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce:
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place coconut on a large baking sheet. Spread out evenly in a thin layer. Bake around 30 minutes. Stir around 3 or 4 times. Coconut should end up lightly toasted, not burnt..
- Mix all ingredients together for the sauce in a LG saucepan or wok. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Simmer until onion becomes tender. Remove from heat and cool until able to be worked with. Place in a blender and pulse until it becomes a smooth sauce..
- Meanwhile, prepare prawns. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees. Place flour in a bowl. Mix spices with dry tempura mix, then mix in the water. Adjust until it is like thin pancake batter. Place coconut in another bowl..
- Cook 5-6 prawns at a time so the oil maintains temperature. Dredge in flour, then tempura, then coconut. Knock off excess. Hold tip of prawn in the oil for a couple seconds before dropping in. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- To plate, spread sauce on the bottom. Arrange prawns, then garnish with a lemon slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Dip each prawn in: flour mixture first, egg mixture second, coconut third. At this point they can be placed on waxed paper and refrigerated until ready Excellent recipe and use unsweetened coconut rather than the sweetened type. I use bottled Thai Peanut Sauce as a yummy dip and serve it all up. This easy Bengali prawn curry, chingri malai, has a spicy coconut sauce and is served with smoky basmati rice. Prepare prawns by peeling off the shells but leaving the tail intact, devein the prawns using a small pairing knife by cutting along the back, also make a long cut on the belly of the prawn from either end.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food brad's coconut prawns with polynesian sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you want to battle depression. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can greatly boost your mood.
Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce: For people who want to begin living a much healthier life the tips above can help you do that. Also if you eliminate all the refined food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.