Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup).
soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup), Most of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we have to stay away from them. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods honestly do raise your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Use Food to Boost Your Mood
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- Take 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- Take 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Make ready 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Get 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- Take 1 inch of dried galangal.
- Make ready 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 3 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Make ready of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- Prepare 7 of shallots.
- Get 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Take 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Take 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- Prepare 5 of candlenut.
- Take of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- Prepare Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- Get of Shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
- Take of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- Get of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- Get of Fried shallots (optional).
- Make ready 6 of hard boiled eggs.
Steps to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you wish to fight depression. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can really help you fight back depression.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup): If you decide that your health is important to you, you ought to take these tips to heart. The one thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.