Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad.
mike's spicy thai chilled shrimp salad, Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be super nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, can boost your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Foods That Make Your Mood Better
Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's spicy thai chilled shrimp salad using 27 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad:
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Thai Basil [+ reserves for garnish].
- Get 5 of Whole Thai Chilies [stems removed – diced].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Diakon Radishes [chopped].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Dried Shrimp.
- Make ready 3/4 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [grated].
- Get 1/2 Cup of Fresh Jalapeños [seeds removed].
- Prepare 2 of LG Firm Cucumbers [seeds removed + 1 tbsp Sea Salt].
- Take 4 of LG Fresh Garlic Cloves [smashed – fine chop].
- Get 1 of Heaping Cup Fresh Bean Sprouts.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Purple Onions [sliced].
- Get 1 tsp of Lemon Grass [fine minced].
- Take 1/3 Cup of Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- Take 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Make ready 1 Cup of Fresh Snap Peas [left whole – blanched].
- Get 1 Cup of Oyster Mushrooms [chopped].
- Get 1/2 Cup of Bell Peppers [any color – chopped].
- Get 1/2 Cup of Shredded Carrots [not pictured – I was out].
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cabbage [not pictured – I was out].
- Make ready of for the sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of Soy Sauce [your choice – to taste].
- Take 1 tbsp of Garlic Siracha Chile Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Get 2 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Get 1 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Toasted Sesame Seeds [+ reserves for garnish].
Instructions to make Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad:
- Peel your cucumbers, cut off ends and slice in half. Scrape seeds out with a spoon..
- Cut cucumbers into 1" pieces..
- Place cucumbers into a strainer and add 1 tbsp salt to them. Mix well and let set for 30 minutes to drain..
- In the meantime, split jalapeños and remove seeds with spoon..
- Fine dice jalapeños. Add to bowl. Wear gloves!.
- Smash and fine dice garlic cloves. Add to bowl..
- Add your rinsed sprouts to bowl. Left whole..
- Dice your Thai Chilies. Add to bowl. Wear gloves!.
- Peel your Diakon Radish..
- Chop and add radishes to bowl..
- Peel one end of your fresh ginger and grate. Add to bowl..
- Add your Lemon Grass to bowl..
- Add your Dried Shrimp to bowl..
- Gently wipe clean your Oyster Mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Do not rinse as they will absorb all of that water..
- Chop your Water Chestnuts and add to bowl..
- Rough chop mushrooms. Add to bowl..
- Slice your purple onions and add to bowl..
- Pick fresh leaves from Thai Basil stems..
- Rough chop and add to bowl..
- Pull your fresh cilantro leaves and add to bowl..
- Rinse your cucumbers and dab dry with a paper towel. Add to bowl..
- Mix salad gently but well. Then, refrigerate..
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add your snap peas. You'll need to blanche these to soften them up a bit and kill any bacteria. Blanche for 2 minutes even..
- Have a bowl of ice water ready to immediately submerge them into to stop the cooking process. Allow them to chill fully..
- In the meantime – make your sauce..
- In a small pot add everything in the sauce section. Bring to a simmer until sugar has dissolved. This may seem like it's not enough to coat your vegetable mixture – I assure you it is. Allow sauce to completely cool. You don't want your vegetables going limp..
- Add snap peas to your refrigerated mixture..
- Add cooled sauce mixture to your bowl. Gently mix well. Place back in fridge and allow it to absorb all flavors for 30 minutes minimum. Then, place in a decorative bowl. Allow dish to chill 10 minutes longer in fridge so your dried shrimp can plump a bit..
- Garnish dish with Thai Basil and sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges, soy sauce, Garlic Siracha, chopsticks and Asian spoons..
- Serve with a quality Sake. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mike's spicy thai chilled shrimp salad recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
If you want to fight depression, try eating some cold water fish. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3s and DHA. These are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you battle your depression.
Mike's Spicy Thai Chilled Shrimp Salad: For those who want to begin living a much healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. The pre packaged processed foods that you can discover in any store is in addition not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.