apple pie, Most of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to eat. Some foods really do raise your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Discover How to Boost Your Mood with Food
Apple Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Apple Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook apple pie using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Pie:
- Take 6-7 cups of thinly sliced and peeled apples.
- Take 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Get 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinammon.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Take 1 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Make ready of Pie Crust.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 2/3 cup of shortening.
- Take 5-6 tablespoons of ice water.
- Make ready 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh milk.
- Get 1 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
Instructions to make Apple Pie:
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, water, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes..
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide in half, making one half slightly larger..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to plate; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust..
- Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil..
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food apple pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cold water fish are great for eating if you want to beat back depression. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3s. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can earnestly elevate your mood.
Apple Pie: For people who want to get started living a much healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. Also if you remove all the unhealthy food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.