Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health
In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. This section is full of what are now recognized as superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse certain illnesses. You will see that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these foods. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will enable it to function optimally. As a result, your immune system will easily ward off maladies.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, cajun pork and lentils. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
I don't cook with lentils often, but I do love them, especially lentil soup. I should cook with them more often because lentils have lots of health benefits and are full of proteins. This is a recipe I am transferring here from an old handwritten recipe card. I have no idea where it came from, but I have made it many times over the years and we really like it. (There are several recipes for Cajun pork chops here, but the dry rub mixture in this recipe has different ingredients.) Nutritional Information.
Cajun pork and lentils is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Cajun pork and lentils is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook cajun pork and lentils using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun pork and lentils:
- Make ready 1 lb. lentils
- Take 2 lb. pork spare ribs strips, cut in small pieces
- Take 1/4 cup pork fat
- Prepare jon cajun seasoning
- Take 3 tsp. salt
- Prepare 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Prepare 1 tsp. onion powder
- Get 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Get 2 tsp. paprika powder
- Take 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Take 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Prepare 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- Get 1 1/4 tsp. dry oregano leaves
- Get 1 tsp. cumin powder
- Make ready 1 tsp. Mexican chili powder
- Prepare other ingredients
- Make ready 2/3 cup diced onions
- Make ready 2/3 cup diced red peppers
- Take 2/3 cup diced green pepper
- Get 1/2 cup diced carrots
- Take 2/3 cup diced celery
- Prepare 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes or chunky tomato sauce
- Get 2 minced garlic cloves
- Prepare 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Make ready 1 diced potato
- Prepare 1 cup white wine
- Prepare 1 1/2 qt. + 1 cup. water
- Take 1 tsp. salt
Or swap Cajun spice mix for Moroccan. Combine lentils with the spices and water. Be sure to use a large enough saucepan as the lentils will double or triple in size. A black pot of Cajun Pork Jambalaya is a defining Cajun recipe that speaks the language of Louisiana.
Steps to make Cajun pork and lentils:
- Check the lentils for stones or any foreign objects. - Place the lentils in a container, cover with plenty water and let them soak for a couple hours. - In a bowl mix all the spices for the Cajun seasoning. - Pad dry the ribs with paper towel and mix with 2½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Let them marinate for 1 hour. Save the rest of the seasoning for other Cajun recipes.
- Cut the vegetables and measure the rest of the ingredients. - Heat up at moderate temperature a large frying pan and melt the pork fat. When some of the fat becomes brown, remove and reserve. - Place the ribs in the frying pan and brown them on both sides. Remove to a deep pot.
- Add to the frying pan onion, garlic and brown them, trying to lose any particles sticking on the pan. - Add the rest of the vegetables, brown pieces of pork fat and sweat them for 3 minutes. - Add 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and tomatoes to the pot with the ribs.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the wine or water and add to the ribs. - Incorporate the water, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and let the ribs cook slowly for 45 minutes. - Drain the soaking lentils. Add lentils, potatoes to ribs in the pot. - Let boil the liquid, lower the flame and cook slowly for 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Serve the soup with a bit chopped tomatoes and cilantro on top.
Be sure to use a large enough saucepan as the lentils will double or triple in size. A black pot of Cajun Pork Jambalaya is a defining Cajun recipe that speaks the language of Louisiana. But as is the case with many Louisiana dishes, there are I've discovered that one key to great Cajun pork jambalaya is to sauté and brown all of the ingredients-meats and vegetables-in a cast-iron pot. The most delicious and tender Cajun Pork Chops recipe in a just-spicy-enough tomato sauce. This post may contain affiliate links.
So One terrific feature of adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we are in. We have to get back to where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. Unfortunately, majority of people don’t worry about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Of course, some of these pills can help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You need to learn how to look after your health before it is too late. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to work at top levels.
You will enjoy optimal health once you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body can be free of disease. Prepare for an awesome future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.