Italian stuffed zucchini boats. Enjoy these vegetarian zucchini boats with your family or friends sometime, and I know you'll love them as much as we did. For this Italian stuffed zucchini, I opted for an easy bolognese sauce that goes right in the zucchini boats and then all you have to do is add cheese on top before you bake them! To thaw, place the stuffed zucchini boats in the refrigerator overnight.
It involves lean ground turkey, fresh veggies, and is topped with cheese and toasted bread. Healthy, low carb, and so easy to make, don't miss these delicious Stuffed Zucchini Boats filled with lean ground turkey and tasty Italian flavors. But these Stuffed Italian Zucchini Boats actually dabble in both realms.
italian stuffed zucchini boats, Your Overall Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Decide To Eat
Learn How to Boost Your Mood with Food
Italian stuffed zucchini boats is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Italian stuffed zucchini boats is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Enjoy these vegetarian zucchini boats with your family or friends sometime, and I know you'll love them as much as we did. For this Italian stuffed zucchini, I opted for an easy bolognese sauce that goes right in the zucchini boats and then all you have to do is add cheese on top before you bake them! To thaw, place the stuffed zucchini boats in the refrigerator overnight.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have italian stuffed zucchini boats using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Italian stuffed zucchini boats:
- Take 3 of medium, uniformly-sized zucchini.
- Get 1 (24 oz) of jar tomato basil marinara, divided.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey or Italian sausage.
- Take 1/3 cup of diced onion.
- Get 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Make ready 1/3 of diced red bell pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped Italian parsley.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Italian herb seasoning.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Take to taste of Fresh cracked black pepper.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flake.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of shaved parmesan.
- Get 3 tablespoon of Italian Panko bread crumbs.
Sprinkle the stuffed zucchini boats with cheese and bake! The zucchini maintains its structure and cooks without being mushy, while the filling is a soft. Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a seriously easy recipe for a weeknight- it's full of with delicious flavor without all the guilt! That being said, I think one of the best ways to enjoy zucchini is by making stuffed zucchini boats.
Instructions to make Italian stuffed zucchini boats:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Measure out 1 cup of the marinara sauce and set aside..
- Trim ends from zucchini and slice in half, lengthwise. Use the tip of a spoon to scrape out the zucchini flesh (see recipe note), chop it and set it aside. Place the scooped out zucchini boats into a 13"x 9" baking dish and add about 1" of water. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until just slightly fork-tender. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly..
- Add olive oil to a 12" skillet and place over MEDIUM heat. Add turkey (or beef), onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring to break up the ground meat as it cooks. Continue to cook and stir until meat is thoroughly cooked and veggies have softened. Drain off as much grease as possible and return the skillet to the heat..
- Add the chopped zucchini flesh, mushrooms, remaining marinara in jar (reserve 1 cup for later), parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, fresh ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and allow to simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes..
- Remove partially cooked zucchini from baking dish and pour off water. Pour the 1 cup of reserved marinara sauce into the empty baking dish and place zucchini boats on top of the sauce..
- Divide the filling between the zucchini boats. If you have extra filling, spoon it into the dish around the zucchini boats. Cover the dish with foil, and bake for 20 minutes, or until zucchini is fork tender. Remove dish from oven and set oven to BROIL..
- Remove foil and sprinkle zucchini boats with mozzarella, Parmesan and the panko bread crumbs. Place dish in oven, watching closely, and cook for just a couple of minutes until cheese has melted and bread crumbs are golden brown..
I decided to go with an Italian theme for these (what can I say, we cook what. Tender baked vegetarian zucchini boats recipe with a delicious Italian stuffing. This simple vegetarian zucchini recipe makes a healthy side dish, or light meal. Our vegetarian stuffed zucchini boats make the perfect healthy weeknight dinner. They are easy to make and very versatile.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food italian stuffed zucchini boats recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Now when it comes to the key food items that you’ll have for dinner, you may want to be certain that you’re eating lots of fish, particularly salmon, and lean protein. The great thing about salmon is that as well as other nutrients additionally it is loaded with Omega-3. Now when you choose to have a steak for supper one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will present you with all the protein you’ll need for the day. It’s also advisable to trim off any extra fat that you find on the particular meats that you plan to eat.
Italian stuffed zucchini boats: Following a few of the suggestions above you will notice that you will end up living a healthier life. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.