Arroz con Pollo / Rice with Chicken. Mama's Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice also known as Arroz con Pollo. This one pan dinner is made with homemade adobo seasoned chicken, sofrito and savory rice. You'll make this recipe again and again!
Turn to packaged saffron rice blend for intriguing flavor for this classic Mexican chicken dish, made even easier with frozen mixed vegetables. Arroz con Pollo is a classic Latin American dish, with each country—and each family, for that matter—having its own unique recipe. For mine, I like to use whole pieces of chicken (legs or thighs) that I season with chile powder, cumin, and oregano before adding the rice.
How to Boost Your Mood with Food
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, arroz con pollo / rice with chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mama's Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice also known as Arroz con Pollo. This one pan dinner is made with homemade adobo seasoned chicken, sofrito and savory rice. You'll make this recipe again and again!
Arroz con Pollo / Rice with Chicken is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Arroz con Pollo / Rice with Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook arroz con pollo / rice with chicken using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Arroz con Pollo / Rice with Chicken:
- Take 2 tsp of EVOO.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sofrito.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of Chopped Red Onions.
- Get 1/2 of Chopped Roasted Sweet Red Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Spanish Olives (optional).
- Make ready 1 envelope of Chicken Bouillon.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Sazon.
- Take 1 dash of Cumin.
- Make ready 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Take 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Get 4 oz of Tomato Sauce.
- Make ready 1 can of Corn (with water).
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Chopped Cilantro.
- Make ready 2 cup of Uncooked White Rice.
- Take 2 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 small of Chicken chopped in medium sized chunks.
Arroz con pollo (Spanish for rice with chicken) is a traditional dish of Spain and Latin America, closely related to paella. In the Dominican Republic it is alternately called locrio de pollo. Arroz con Pollo is a popular staple in the Caribbean kitchen. Our chicken and rice is extra special with the addition of Sazón GOYA® with Azafrán, which adds color and flavor derived from our unique saffron spice blend.
Instructions to make Arroz con Pollo / Rice with Chicken:
- Cut the chicken in medium chunks (leave wings for another meal), and season with adobo or salt and pepper to taste. *Boneless chicken breast is fine..
- Cook the chicken in a little olive oil or butter on medium to low heat..
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and add sofrito and onions. (add more oil if needed). On medium heat cook until onions are translucent..
- Add tomato sauce, olives, red pepper, cumin, chicken bouillon, sazon, corn and bay leaf. Cook covered for 5 minutes..
- Add chicken, rice, water, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Cook uncovered until most of the water evaporates. ( About 10-15 minutes depending on your stove).
- Once water evaporates, stir from the bottom up ONLY 2-3 times. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, stir from the bottom up and rice should be nice and fluffy. If still uncooked cover again and cook for 10 minutes at a time..
- Enjoy :-).
Make Arroz con Pollo tonight—everyone loves an easy rice and chicken dish. Make Arroz con Pollo tonight–everyone loves an easy rice and chicken dish. The Classic Caribbean and Spanish Meal–Arroz con Pollo–is a popular staple in the Caribbean kitchen. Our chicken and rice is extra special with the addition of Sazon GOYA® with Azafran, which adds color. This recipe for Spanish Arroz con Pollo is a one pot meal that's full of tender chicken thighs, creamy saffron rice and vegetables – the perfect quick and easy dinner!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food arroz con pollo / rice with chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You were sure green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this specific amino acid can actually induce brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to get healthy when you drink green tea. And now you know it can help you be happier as well!
Arroz con Pollo / Rice with Chicken: See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Try some of these suggestions instead.