Chipotle Lime Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Citrus Crema Slaw.
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chipotle lime pulled pork tacos w/ citrus crema slaw. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chipotle Lime Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Citrus Crema Slaw is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Chipotle Lime Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Citrus Crema Slaw is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chipotle lime pulled pork tacos w/ citrus crema slaw using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chipotle Lime Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Citrus Crema Slaw:
- Take of Marinade——–.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of honey.
- Make ready 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Get 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Make ready of Spice rub——–.
- Prepare of Cracked black pepper.
- Take of Garlic powder.
- Take of Garlic salt.
- Prepare of Dried basil/oregano mix.
- Make ready of Seasoned salt.
- Get of Cooking base———.
- Get 1 c. of Water.
- Prepare 1 c. of Lime juice.
- Prepare 6 oz. of beer.
- Get 1/4 of large purple onion (sliced, in rings).
- Prepare 1 of raw lime, wedged.
- Make ready 1 can of chipotles in adobo sauce.
- Prepare of Main————.
- Prepare 5 lb of sirloin pork roast.
- Make ready 1 bag of storebought slaw.
- Take of Sour cream.
- Make ready of Lime juice.
- Take of Raw lime.
- Take 3/4 of purple onion.
- Make ready 1 packet of Baja citrus powder marinade.
- Prepare of Fresh, chopped Cilantro.
- Make ready of Flour tortillas.
Instructions to make Chipotle Lime Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Citrus Crema Slaw:
- First off, to make the ingredients simple, I listed them in the different phases. I used 1 entire large purple onion (it's listed as 1/4 and 3/4 in ingredients) and for the lime juice I used 2 of those fake plastic limes filled with juice and 2 raw limes. The spice rub is preference really.. Go easy on the salts and heavy on the basil/oregano. Ok. Let's get started….
- First, put all the 'cooking base' ingredients in the slow cooker on high. It'll warm as we prep the meat. Mix the 'marinade' in a bowl and microwave it about 20 seconds so the honey will mix with the oil and balsamic. Make your spice rub. You'll need about 3/4 cups at least..
- NOW! Time to work our meat a little (giggity) so get the pork roast on a solid cutting board (never cut raw meat on wood) use a plate if you don't have one. I say 5 lbs of pork roast. For me that came in 2, 2 1/2 lb roasts. They're going to have a thick layer of fat completely covering one side. Trim all that off and discard. This is going to test your butchering skills. If your good you should be able to cut the whole flap of fat off in one sheet without cutting off any meat with it. Cut both roasts in half so you have 4 smaller versions. (Just makes them easier to work with).
- Preheat a large nonstick pan. Coat your roast pieces in the 'marinade'. Apply the 'spice rub' liberally to one side, put the spiced side down in the pan and cover the top side with the rub. We're searing the meat. This will 1) give it a nice smokey hint since we're going to cook it in the slow cooker and 2) seal in the flavors a bit better and give the meat some structure (when it's done it'll be falling apart it's so tender) Cook all chunks of meat 5 minutes on both sides. See pic for example of a good sear..
- Drop the 4 pieces of seared meat into the slow cooker where your 'cooking base' should be nice and warm. Turn the cooker down to low. That's going to cook for 5 hours (give or take. My slow cooker is brand new so it works really well. My low is almost high it seems) Now we'll make the slaw so it can sit in the fridge for a few hours..
- Empty the bag of slaw into a Tupperware container. Add the 3/4 chopped purple onion. Sprinkle about half the packet of Baja citrus powder on. Cover and shake. In a separate container mix about a cup of sour cream and half of one of the lime juices together. Whisk well with a fork. Add to the slaw and blend well with the fork. Taste it. Add more of whatever you feel it might need… Maybe nothing. Maybe it's perfect. I needed to add more of the Baja citrus powder and a touch more sour cream. Depends on your taste. Cover and put it in da fridge. Break time for a few hours..
- After 5 hours the pork should be falling apart as you lift it out of the cooker with tongs and shake it dry a bit. Remove the meat to a separate plate. Use a slotted spoon to get all the solid bits out of the 'cooking base'. Pick out as many purple onion pieces as you can and add to the meat. Reserve about 2 cups of the cooking base and discard the rest along with the solid bits. Shred the pork. You should be able to just use 2 forks. Your not cutting it, just 'pulling' it apart. Hence 'pulled pork'…. Eureka!!.
- Put the now pulled pork back into slow cooker along with the 2 cups of reserved base and squeeze the raw lime onto the pork. Also now we're going to add our fresh chopped cilantro. Again, the amount depends on your taste. I LOOOOVE cilantro so I did like a cups worth. Let cook for hour or hour and 1/2, still on low, mixing occasionally..
- Now it's done! Put into a warm flour tortilla (you can also use a bun. Hell, put it on crackers and it'll be delicious!) and top with the citrus crema slaw and you've got yourself a mouth party!!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chipotle lime pulled pork tacos w/ citrus crema slaw recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were just expecting to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is high in a specific amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have found that this particular amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This will improve your brain’s focus while simultaneously loosening up the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you feel healthier. And now you know it can help raise your mood also!
Chipotle Lime Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Citrus Crema Slaw: As you can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Try some of these tips instead.