Muri ghonto (fish head curry with rice). Bengali muri ghonto recipe is spicy dish, which has a very good combination of aromatic spices, fish head and flavored rice goes very well with Basmati rice. I created this video for Non vegetarian people. Muri Ghonto or A Dry Rice Dish With #Fish Head is an Authentic Bengali dish, prepared with rice and pre- fried fish-head where both are cooked together.
This is prepared with Rice and Fishhead (mostly Rehu Fish/ Rui Mach or Katla fish). Muri stands for Head. 'Muri Ghonto' is prepared with rice and fish-head where both are cooked together. We mostly serve it as a side dish with rice.
muri ghonto (fish head curry with rice), Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and have to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely nutritious and good for you. Several foods actually do improve your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, test out a few of these.
Information on How to Improve Your Mood with Food
Muri ghonto (fish head curry with rice) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Muri ghonto (fish head curry with rice) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Bengali muri ghonto recipe is spicy dish, which has a very good combination of aromatic spices, fish head and flavored rice goes very well with Basmati rice. I created this video for Non vegetarian people. Muri Ghonto or A Dry Rice Dish With #Fish Head is an Authentic Bengali dish, prepared with rice and pre- fried fish-head where both are cooked together.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have muri ghonto (fish head curry with rice) using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Muri ghonto (fish head curry with rice):
- Make ready 1 of big size rohu fish head.
- Get 1/2 cup of gobindo bhog rice (Short grain rice).
- Prepare 1 of potato cut into cube.
- Get 1 of big size onion.
- Make ready 1 of big size tomato chopped.
- Take 4 of green chilli.
- Prepare 2 tea spoon of turmeric powder.
- Get 3 tea spoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tea spoon of garam masala powder.
- Take 1 tea spoon of Red chilli powder.
- Get 2 tea spoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Get 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Make ready 1 of bay leaf.
- Make ready 1 of dried red chilli.
- Prepare 3-4 of Cardamom.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Make ready 1 tea spoon of Sugar.
But some people like to have it with roti as well. Actually it doesn't matter what else you have in your platter as long as you have a bowl full of steaming hot 'Muri-Ghonto' in front of. MURI GHONTO is an authentic fish dish for a Bengali. My sister and I were very fond of eating the soft and juicy fish brain, so fish head curry was often in the menu.
Instructions to make Muri ghonto (fish head curry with rice):
- Merinat the fish head with salt and turmeric powder for 10-15 mins..
- Heat a pan add 2 tbl spoon mustard oil. fry the fish head properly and keep aside. now fry the potato cubes by adding slight salt and turmeric powder.keep the fried potatoes aside..
- Now add rest of the oil and add bay leaf,dried red chilli,cumin seeds, cinnamon and Cardamom saute for few seconds. Now add chopped onion and green chilli fry till golden brown..
- Add rice and saute till the aroma of rice spread..
- Add ginger garlic paste, chopped tomato and salt cook for 10 mins..
- Add fried fish head and fried potato cubes along with turmeric, cumin and garam masala powder mix well.cook for 5 mins..
- Add 1 cup warm water mix well and cover it. Cook for 10-15 mins so that the rice is properly boil..
- Lastly add sugar and ghee cook for 2mins..
- Delicious fish head curry is ready to eat..
I have not used rice at all in this recipe, as my kids don't like rice incorporated into this curry. Muri Ghonto, or Fish head curry with Gobindobhog Rice is a signature Bengali delicacy from the traditional kitchens of Bengal. Muri ghonto once used to be a popular dish in the Bengali weddings of the yesteryears. However, with change in style of wedding foods and introduction of world cuisine. Muri ghonto is an authentic Bengali dish, where the Rohu/Katla fish head is cooked with flavorful rice like How to make Muri Ghonto Recipe.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food muri ghonto (fish head curry with rice) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
If you would like to overcome depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight back depression.
Muri ghonto (fish head curry with rice): If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. One thing that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily buy in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.