johnny cakes, Many of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, may better your mood. When you feel a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, try a few of these.
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better
Johnny Cakes is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Johnny Cakes is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook johnny cakes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Johnny Cakes:
- Make ready 1.5 cups of plain flour.
- Make ready 1 cup of cornmeal.
- Make ready 1 cup of desicated coconut.
- Take 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/3 cup of coconut oil.
- Take 1 cup of coconut milk.
Steps to make Johnny Cakes:
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil. Mix it in well, using either hands or a spoon..
- Add coconut milk and work with your hands. The result should be a wet dough, slightly stickier than bread dough..
- To bake them, press spoonfuls into 12 muffin cases and bake at 190°C for 20 minutes. They won't rise much, but will turn golden on the outside..
- To fry them instead, flatten into discs and shallow fry in coconut oil on a high heat for about 2 minutes per side..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food johnny cakes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
If you want to beat depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can greatly elevate your mood.
Johnny Cakes: For those of you who want to get started living a healthier life the tips above can help you do that. One thing that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.