Turkish Lentil Soup. In this video we are going to show you how to make traditional very delicious turkish lentil soup! It's a very popular soup recipe in Turkey. Our trip to Istanbul this past autumn was hands-down one of the most delicious trips of my life.
Reviews for: Photos of Turkish Red Lentil Soup with Mint. Place the red lentils in a colandar and rinse. Sift through to remove and debris or damaged beans.
Foods That Make Your Mood Better
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, turkish lentil soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
In this video we are going to show you how to make traditional very delicious turkish lentil soup! It's a very popular soup recipe in Turkey. Our trip to Istanbul this past autumn was hands-down one of the most delicious trips of my life.
Turkish Lentil Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Turkish Lentil Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have turkish lentil soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkish Lentil Soup:
- Take 150 ml of Red lentils.
- Prepare 1 small of to medium Onion.
- Take 1/3 of Carrot (optional) 1, small Potato (optional).
- Make ready 1 of Consomme bouillon cubes.
- Get 1 pinch of Salt.
- Get 1200 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 dash of each Lemon, chili powder, mint.
Our Turkish red lentil soup recipe is a favourite for us. Red – and green – lentils are a staple of most Turkish kitchens and, since living in Turkey, our kitchen has been no different. Lentil soup is a soup based on lentils; it may be vegetarian or include meat, and may use brown, red, yellow or black lentils, with or without the husk. Dehulled yellow and red lentils disintegrate in cooking, making a thick soup.
Steps to make Turkish Lentil Soup:
- These are red lentils. There are many different varieties depending on where they are produced, but the photo shows some beans I brought back from Turkey. They are plump. In Japan, you can buy them in the export food section of department stores, or at a health food shop, but they are a bit flatter..
- To prep the ingredients, rinse the lentils. Mince the onions. Peel the carrot and potato, and finely chop..
- Sauté the onions in oil (not listed). When they are well cooked and translucent, add the water and bring to a boil..
- Add the consomme bouillon cube, lentils, carrot, and potato, and simmer for 30 minutes on low to medium heat..
- Strain the soup from Step 4, return the liquid to the pot, and pulse the remainder in a blender until smooth. Return to the pot, then bring to a boil. It should be as thick as potage soup. Season with salt and other seasonings to taste..
- Pour into individual soup bowls, then squeeze on lemon juice for a nice touch. That is how I love it. It also tastes great garnished with chili peppers, mint leaves, parsley, or croutons..
- Add tomato paste. No need to mix..
It is a staple food throughout Europe and the Middle East. The creamiest Turkish lentil soup you've ever had, oddly made without even a drop of cream! This soup is vegetarian-friendly, loaded with veggies, and so comforting. Easy Turkish Red Lentil Soup with carrots, turkish spices, mint. Soups are a great appetizer or a meal by itself served with a.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food turkish lentil soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You were simply anticipating to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is found to be chock-full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental focus while relaxing the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not hard to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are well aware that it helps you to elevate your moods as well!
Turkish Lentil Soup: See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Try a few of these tips instead.