chicken korma, Mostly, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be really nourishing and good for you. There are some foods that basically can raise your moods when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Foods That Make Your Mood Better
Chicken Korma is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken Korma is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chicken korma using 31 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Korma:
- Take of Chicken:.
- Take 4 Pieces of Boneless Chicken Thigh,.
- Take Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Get Pinch of White Pepper,.
- Prepare Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- Get of Onions:.
- Make ready 1 of Red Onion Thinly Sliced,.
- Make ready of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Frying.
- Take 2 TBSP of Corn Flour,.
- Get of Garlic Ginger Paste:.
- Take 15 g of Ginger,.
- Make ready 15 g of Garlic,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- Take of Chicken Korma:.
- Take 15 g of Ghee,.
- Prepare 1 of Black Cardamon,.
- Prepare 3 of Cloves,.
- Make ready 3 of Green Cardamon,.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon Stick,.
- Prepare 3 of Bay Leaves,.
- Prepare 7 g of Coriander Powder,.
- Take 7 g of Kashmiri Chili Powder,.
- Take 8 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Take 2 TSP of Kewra Water,.
- Make ready 225 g of Greek Yogurt,.
- Make ready 15 g of Cashew Nuts Ground,.
- Make ready of Cream, 1/8 Cup Adjust To Preference.
- Make ready 1/4 TSP of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- Make ready 1/4 TSP of Mace Powder,.
- Get of Almond Flakes, For Garnishing.
- Prepare of Fresh Coriander Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Instructions to make Chicken Korma:
- Prepare the chicken. Coat the chicken well with salt, pepper and mushroom powder. I am leaving the skins on. You can remove the skins if desired..
- Transfer into a shallow bowl and cover with cling film. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use. Prepare the onions..
- In a skillet or pan over medium heat, add in about 2 inches of oil. *To check the temperature of the oil, insert a wooden chopstick, if bubbles start forming, the oil is ready for frying.* Toss the onion slices with corn flour..
- Make sure the onion is coated well. Gently drop into the oil and shallow fry. Once the onion starts to brown, remove from heat and drain the oil into a large bowl..
- Transfer the onion onto a chopping board. Chop the onion coarsely and set aside. Reserve the oil..
- Prepare the garlic ginger paste. Add ginger, garlic and salt into a mortar. Pound until smooth paste forms with a pestle..
- You can use a food processor if desire. I personally find that mortar and pestle are easier to wash.* Remove and set aside..
- Prepare the chicken korma. In a skillet or pan over medium heat, add ghee. Once the ghee is melted, add in the chicken skin side down. Sear the chicken until the skin is golden brown..
- Flip. Tilt the skillet and baste the chicken with all the liquid. Continue searing until bottom is golden brown as well. Remove from heat and set aside on a plate..
- Using the same skillet or pan, add in 30g of that reserved oil. Transfer the cardamon, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves in a tea bag. Over medium heat, add in the tea bag spices..
- Saute until aromatic. Add in chili, coriander powder and sugar. Saute until toasty and the sugar has dissolved..
- Add in the garlic ginger paste, a pinch of white pepper and kewra water. Saute until well combined. Add in 2 TBSP of the whipped yogurt. *Using a hand mixer, whip yogurt until light and creamy. Do not over whip.*.
- Stir vigorously until well combined. Keep adding yogurt, 2 TBSP at time, and stirring until you have about 1 TBSP of yogurt left. Reserve the remaining yogurt..
- At this stage, the oil should start separating from the spices. Add in the chicken skin side down. Stir lightly to coat the chicken..
- Turn the heat down to low and bring it to a slow simmer. Cover and cook for 20 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Flip the chicken at half way mark.*.
- Add the remaining yogurt, ground cashew, the fried onion, nutmeg and mace powder. *To make ground cashew, simply, blitz cashew in a spice grinder until powder forms.* Stir to combine well..
- Depending on your preference for consistency, add cream. Stir to combine well. *You can add in almond flakes and coriander now. Give it a final stir. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt. Serve as it is.*.
- If you would like the same as plated shown in the photos, taste and adjust for seasoning with salt. Give it a final stir. Dollop the sauce onto serve plates..
- Place the chicken thighs over the sauce. Garnish with almond flakes and coriander. Serve immediately..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken korma recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cold water fish are great for eating if you are wanting to combat depression. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can greatly boost your mood.
Chicken Korma: By following some of the suggestions above you will notice that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.