Malay Chicken Korma (Gulai Putih).
malay chicken korma (gulai putih), A lot of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super nourishing and good for you. A number of foods honestly do boost your mood when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these.
Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food
Malay Chicken Korma (Gulai Putih) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Malay Chicken Korma (Gulai Putih) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook malay chicken korma (gulai putih) using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Malay Chicken Korma (Gulai Putih):
- Get 350 g of Chicken Meat (skinless, boneless).
- Prepare of Kurma Powder recipe;.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Get 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Get 2 tsp of Fennel Powder.
- Get 2 tsp of White Pepper.
- Get of The 4 Sekawan Spice Mix (See Note).
- Take 1 stick of Cinnamon.
- Get 2 pc of Star Anise.
- Get 3 pods of Cardamom.
- Prepare 4 pc of Cloves.
- Make ready of Other Ingredients;.
- Prepare 1 pc of Nutmeg (pounded) or 1-2 pinches of nutmeg powder.
- Take 2 pc of Candle Nuts (pounded).
- Take 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- Take 40 g (4 cloves) of Shallots.
- Make ready 20 g (3 cloves) of Garlic.
- Prepare 20 g (1.5 cm) of Ginger.
- Get 1 pc of Lime (juice squeezed).
- Make ready 3 pc of Green Chillies (sliced).
- Take 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Salt (marinade).
- Get as needed of Salt (season).
Instructions to make Malay Chicken Korma (Gulai Putih):
- Marinade the chicken with 1 tsp salt and half the Kurma powder for 30 minutes..
- When ready, heat the cooking oil in a wok on high heat. Then, fry the 4 Sekawan spice mix with shallots, ginger and garlic until fragrant. Then add the remaining Kurma powder and fry it for another 10 seconds..
- Add the chicken and fry it until both sides are brown. Then add coconut milk, half the green chillies, palm sugar, nutmeg, candle nuts and mix well. Bring it to a boil and then turn the heat down to low heat..
- Cover with a lid and let everything cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Check and stir every 3 minutes and season with extra salt if necessary. When sauce has thicken, pour in the juice and serve it in a serving plate and garnish with the remaining green chillies..
- NOTE; the 4 sekawan (The Four Friends) is a well known spice blend in Malay. Sometimes it's known as 3 Sekawan (The 3 Amigos minus the Cloves)..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food malay chicken korma (gulai putih) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cold water fish are great if you are wanting to be in a better mood. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all high in omega-3s and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you overcome your depression.
Malay Chicken Korma (Gulai Putih): If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these tips to heart. One thing that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.