Lemon Meringue Cupcakes.
lemon meringue cupcakes, Your Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Decide To Consume
Learn How to Elevate Your Mood with Food
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Lemon Meringue Cupcakes is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have lemon meringue cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes:
- Take of For the cake.
- Prepare 175 g of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 175 g of self-raising flour.
- Get 175 g of caster sugar.
- Take 3 of large eggs.
- Take 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Make ready 1-2 tbsp of milk (if mixture is too stiff).
- Take of For the lemon curd filling.
- Make ready 115 g of golden caster sugar.
- Prepare 30 g of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- Get 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- Make ready of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of Freshly grated zest 1 lemon.
- Get of For the lemon meringue frosting.
- Prepare 170 g of caster sugar.
- Make ready 3 of large egg whites (112g roughly).
- Get 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
Instructions to make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes:
- First, make the lemon curd. In a heavy saucepan, heat the sugar, butter, eggs and lemon juice over a fairly low heat, whisking all the time, until the mixture is thick enough to hold marks of the whisk. This will take around 12-15 minutes. Once thickened, immediately pour the curd through a sieve into a bowl. Stir in the zest and set aside to cool..
- Preheat your oven to 180degrees fan and prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases..
- Make the cakes: using a beater in an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time, for about 2 minutes per egg. Add the lemon juice and zest before finally adding the flour and baking powder and fold in gently until fully incorporated. Add some milk if the mixture seems a little stiff..
- Divide this mixture evenly between the cake cases and bake in the oven for around 15 – 18 minutes, or until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean when put into the cakes. Set aside to cool completely..
- While your cakes are cooling, get started on your meringue frosting. Heat all the frosting ingredients in a metal mixing bowl (ideally one that attaches to your free-standing electric mixer) over a Bain marie. Whisk continuously until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has reached a temperature of around 70-75 degrees C..
- Remove from the heat, put back to your free standing mixture and whisk on high for roughly 8-10 minutes until your meringue has doubled, even tripled in size, is glossy and stiff..
- When the cupcakes are cooled, core out the middle of each cupcake. You can do this using an Apple corer or a large piping nozzle. Place a dollop of lemon curd into the centre of each cupcake to the top..
- Pipe your meringue frosting onto each cupcake and blast the tops with a chefs blow torch, or place under a grill on a high setting to toast the meringue. Keep an eye on them! They will colour very quickly. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food lemon meringue cupcakes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Now when it comes to the key food items that you’ll have for dinner, you may want to be certain that you’re eating a good amount of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. You will recognize that salmon can also be rich in Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Protein is vital for your diet, however you don’t need to eat a large amount, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. You should also trim off any excess fat that you find on the specific meats that you’re planning to eat.
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes: If you decide that your health is important to you, you ought to take these recommendations to heart. Also if you remove all the unhealthy food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.