Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy
Nearly all grocery stores these days have organic foods. This section is filled with what are today acknowledged as superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been proven to retard or reverse particular maladies. Consuming these superfoods will . As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to work. In this case, the immune system is better able to fight off any health condition.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, butternut squash hash n' eggs. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Butternut Squash Hash N' Eggs is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Butternut Squash Hash N' Eggs is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have butternut squash hash n' eggs using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Butternut Squash Hash N' Eggs:
- Take 1 lb bulk pork or turkey breakfast sausage
- Prepare 1/2 yellow onion - finely chopped (optional)
- Take 12 oz butternut squash - cut into half inch cubes
- Make ready 4 large eggs (egg whites only may be used for lower cholesterol)
- Prepare 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Get 1/2 tsp your favorite herb blend (I like Tastefully Simple's Spinach & Herb mix)
Steps to make Butternut Squash Hash N' Eggs:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat up an oven safe skillet over medium heat break up and cook breakfast sausage until browned and fat is rendered; about 8-10 minutes. Stir in chopped onions halfway through If desired. When sausage is done remove from skillet with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate in order to absorb excess fat. Pour off all but about 1 tbs of fat from the skillet.
- Still over medium heat add butternut squash to skillet. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, stir and spread out into a single layer. Cook until just tender, stirring occasionally and allowing it to cook long enough on each side to brown slightly. Over medium on my stove this took about another 8 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add sausage back to pan, stir to combine smashing some of the squash pieces with the back of your spoon. Press down to distribute evenly in pan and flatten top. Then using the back of the spoon make 4 evenly distributed shallow wells in the hash mixture (not all the way to the bottom of the skillet).
- Carefully crack one egg into each well. Sprinkle just the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the entire surface of the dish with your favorite herb mixture.
- Place in preheated oven uncovered. Bake until the eggs are as set as you'd like. In my oven that's about 10 minutes for runny yolks, 15 minutes for soft and 20 minutes for hard.
- When done remove from oven and let rest about 2 minutes before serving. Spoon out one egg with the hash surrounding it per person. Serve with whole wheat or multigrain toast and/or a cup of fresh fruit.
- Tip: For a great shortcut try to find fresh, precut butternut squash if possible. I found a 12 oz package of precut at my local grocery store for a reasonable price. Butternut squash was the ONLY ingredient and it worked great!
So One of the greatest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and bask in life. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We need to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. The majority of people think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old unhealthy habits. When your body ceases to function properly, you won’t be able to obtain a brand new body. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take goood care of your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at optimum levels.
Green living equips you with a solid eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your body will become disease free as you build up your immune system. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices now.