Sig's Green Soup with Spinach, Leeks and Fennel. Preparation Melt margarine in large pot over medium heat. This is a deliciously flavoursome soup blending herbs and spices with fennel and leeks. Fennel has long been a central ingredient in many Asian (it's a main component in the Chinese five spice powder), Middle Eastern and European dishes.
Reheat soup in a clean saucepan. Pour into serving bowls and garnish with mint leaves, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. There are many health benefits of spinach, leeks, and fennel bulbs.
Use Food to Improve Your Mood
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, sig's green soup with spinach, leeks and fennel. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sig's Green Soup with Spinach, Leeks and Fennel is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Sig's Green Soup with Spinach, Leeks and Fennel is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Preparation Melt margarine in large pot over medium heat. This is a deliciously flavoursome soup blending herbs and spices with fennel and leeks. Fennel has long been a central ingredient in many Asian (it's a main component in the Chinese five spice powder), Middle Eastern and European dishes.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook sig's green soup with spinach, leeks and fennel using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Green Soup with Spinach, Leeks and Fennel:
- Prepare 400 grams of baby spinach.
- Prepare 2 of small leeks.
- Make ready 1/4 bulb of fresh fennel.
- Make ready 2-3 mugs of water depending on how thin you like soup.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1 of good pinch wild garlic leaves.
- Make ready 1 pinch of red pimento powder.
- Make ready 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- Get 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream (optional ).
- Prepare 16 of separated sprout leaves.
- Get 1 tablespoon of butter or vegetable oil for frying the sprout leaves.
- Prepare 2 of cherry tomatoes halved.
- Make ready 20 cubes of croutons of choice.
- Get 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil for drizzling into soup.
Spinach is an excellent source of Iron, Calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, and Manganese. Eating folate on a regular basis is believed to help reduce the risk of heart disease, and also can reduce the risk of spina bifida. A simple but hearty soup features the fall flavors of leeks and fennel. In a large saucepan or soup kettle over medium-low heat, place the olive oil, leeks, celery, onions, fennel, potatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook and stir until the onions are translucent and the vegetables have begun to soften.
Steps to make Sig's Green Soup with Spinach, Leeks and Fennel:
- Heat the water to boil. Chop the fennel and leeks then add them to the water with the spinach, boil l until spinach has just wilted..
- Add the pimento, nutmeg and stock cube . Cool down slightly then pour this mixture into a blender and blend until very smooth..
- Return the soup back to heat and slightly simmer, do not boil again, season with salt and pepper..
- In the meantime fry the sprout leaves, halve the tomatoes and prepare or use shop bought crouton .Stir the cream into the soup if using..
- Plate the soup garnished with sprout leaves, tomatoes and croûtons. Enjoy..
This Fennel Spinach Soup is the perfect comforting bowl of greens, the perfect wintery meal. · Vegetarian minestrone soup packed with veggies like celery, carrots, green beans and spinach and simmered in a flavorful, Italian Leek, fennel, apple & walnut soup with turmeric. Fennel leek soup is easy to make and is gluten-free, dairy free and completely vegan! Fennel and Leek Soup with Mushrooms is the perfect light starter to a larger meal. Ladle the creamy bisque into bowls and garnish with a few hearty mushrooms andreserved fennel fronds — for the pretty-factor. Creamy, earthy beans and plenty of greens make this delicately lemony soup satisfying enough for a light meal.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food sig's green soup with spinach, leeks and fennel recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You just knew it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid called L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental sharpness while relaxing the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not hard to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are aware that it helps you to lift your moods as well!
Sig's Green Soup with Spinach, Leeks and Fennel: Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try these hints instead!