Lemon Cake Trifle with Berry Compote & Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream. To build the trifle: put the berries in a mixing bowl and toss them together so they are evenly distributed. Fold the whipped cream into the chilled Line a glass trifle bowl with pieces of pound cake to fit. Nigella Lawson serves this simple but elegant cake when entertaining.
Layer half the angel food cake in a trifle bowl. Top with half the lemon pudding mixture, half the strawberries and half the blueberries. Lemon berry trifle is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. You can cook Lemon Cake Trifle with Berry Compote & Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Cake Trifle with Berry Compote & Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- Prepare of For Garnish: Fresh berries. (I like whole blueberries & raspberries and sliced strawberries for this dessert.).
- Prepare of For the Cake (Can be done up to a week ahead. Just bake the cake, wrap & freeze.).
- It’s 1 box of Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of mayonnaise or sour cream.
- Prepare of the zest of a small lemon.
- You need of Blackberry & Strawberry Compote: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2306030-blackberry-strawberry-compote.
- It’s of For Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream (can be done the day before, but best done right before assembly):.
- It’s 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, well chilled.
- You need 4 ounces of mascarpone cheese.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of confectioners sugar.
Repeat layers twice, ending with berries. Cover and chill, or serve immediately. Have your cake and eat it too! Receive weekly recipes and updates from Paula.
Lemon Cake Trifle with Berry Compote & Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream instructions
- COMPOTE: Make compote up to a week ahead of time. Recipe here: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2306030-blackberry-strawberry-compote.
- CAKE: Make cake according to package instructions, adding the mayonnaise (or sour cream) and lemon zest. Cool completely (at least 2 hours), and cut into 3/4" cubes..
- WHIPPED CREAM STEP 1: Before you begin, a chilled bowl helps the process along, so you may want to place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes before you make your whipped cream. In a large glass or stainless mixing bowl, start whipping the whipping cream only with a hand mixer on medium setting until the cream begins to thicken to the point that it creates rounded mounds when you life the beaters from the cream..
- WHIPPED CREAM STEP 2: Add the mascarpone and vanilla, and sift in the confectioner's sugar (to ensure that you don't have clumps), and mix again at medium high speed until the cream is back to creating rounded peaks when you lift the beaters from the cream. This is where I like to stop – where a dollop of cream doesn't retain the dollop shape but slumps gently over the top of the dessert being topped..
- ASSEMBLY STEP 1: Trifles are best assembled in clear glass vessels (they actually do sell trifle bowls just for this purpose, and they look like overgrown parfaits). And there's no exact science to it. You might like to make one big truffle, or do individual ones, but however you choose to do it, just mentally portion out the ingredients so you'll have enough for two layers of everything..
- ASSEMBLY STEP 2: Place a layer of cake on the bottom, followed by a moderate spooning of the compote (you don't need to make sure that every square bit of cake area is covered – just enough that each spoonful of trifle will give you just a little bit of that sweettart surprise of the compote), followed by a complete layer of whipped cream, followed by a sparse dotting of fresh berries. Again, you don't want to overwhelm the cake with the cream and the fruit. Repeat..
- Cover and refrigerate until it's time to serve. Enjoy! :).
Never miss a tasty treat again! Lemon Berry Cheesecake Trifles: White cake cubes, no-bake lemon cheesecake filling and fresh berries make the perfect summer dessert! Either way, it's going to be delicious. Lemon-scented berries are scattered in between layers of angel food cake and creamy, vanilla pudding to create a crowd-pleasing trifle. Just in time for spring entertaining, I am so excited to share my Lemon Berry Angel Food Cake Trifle.