Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, patisapta cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Patisapta Cake is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Patisapta Cake is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook patisapta cake using 22 ingredients and 36 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Patisapta Cake:
- Prepare Ingredients for Patisapta crepe
- Get 1 cup refined flour (Maida)
- Get 1/2 Cup fine Semolina (Sooji)
- Take 1/4 Cup Rice flour(freshly ground)
- Prepare 1/2 Cup regular Sugar
- Get 1 Cup Milk
- Take 1/4 tsp Salt
- Prepare as needed Water
- Take 1 Teaspoon Ghee/oil
- Take Ingredients for Stuffing
- Get 1 Cup Coconut freshly grated
- Make ready 3 Tablespoon Condensed milk
- Prepare 3 Tablespoon Brown sugar/grated Jaggery
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom powder (optional)
- Prepare Ingredients for Kheer/Concentrated milk
- Make ready 3/4 Litre full fat Milk
- Make ready 1/4 Cup sweetened Condensed milk
- Make ready 2 Tablespoon Refined flour (Maida)
- Prepare 2 Whole green Cardamom
- Make ready For Garnishing
- Get handful Chopped Pistachios
- Make ready 3 tsp dry Rose petals
Instructions to make Patisapta Cake:
- In a bowl, add in maida, fine semolina and rice flour. I used freshly ground rice flour. You can add store bought rice flour also.
- Mix with a fork.
- Also add in sugar and salt.
- Mix and make a thin batter with 1 cup of milk and water as required.
- The consistency of the batter must be thin.
- Cover and set aside for 2 hours, so that semolina and flour can absorb liquid well. This step will help to make soft pitha/crepe.
- For Stuffing - Place a small pan to stove top with 1 cup of grated coconut. You can use freshly grated coconut or dessicated coconut. Even packaged grated coconut can also be used.
- Dry roast in low heat until lightly toasted. This help to enhance the flavour of coconut. Then add in 2 tbsp brown sugar/grated jaggery and 1/4 cup condensed milk.
- Stir well to mix and then cook until the mixture becomes lumpy or sticky. Don’t make the mixture completely dry. Set aside.
- To make kheer or rabdi, first heat 3/4 litre of full fat milk to a pan with 2-3 whole cardamom.
- Bring to boil and then cook in low heat until milk reduces to half. When a layer of cream forms on the top of milk, stir to mix with milk. Scrap the sides in between to prevent burning. It will take about 1/2 an hour to reduce milk to half. So have patience and stir milk in between.
- In the meantime, dry roast 2 tablespoon of refined flour or maida to light golden brown.
- Make a slurry with roasted flour and 2-3 tablespoon of water. Add water after cooling the flour.
- Add in this slurry to the reduced milk. Stir well. This will help to concentrate milk further in a very short time.
- Also add in 1/4 cup of condensed milk. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. The kheer or rabdi will thicken more as it cools down.
- To cook the patisapta/crepe - Stir and mix well again the patisapta batter. Check the consistency. If it thick, then add in little water and stir again. The batter should be smooth and free flowing.
- Prepare a square dish of (7.5)” size lined with cling flim. Also rub little oil or ghee to the bottom o the dish.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Grease the pan with 1-2 drops of oil/ghee.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of batter to the pan and rotate the pan holding the handle to spread the batter evenly. Keep flame in low heat.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 40-50 seconds in low heat.
- Remove the cover and flip the pitha and cook for about 30 seconds. Don’t overcook otherwise cracks will form on the pitha. It will cook within a minute. Don’t change colour to brown. The pithas should be soft and lightly spotted.
- Remove from pan and make another pitha/crepe. Note that the pithas should be very thin. So spread as much as you can. The shape should not matter more,as you will arrange them according to the shape of your prepared dish. Also note that, before pouring batter, cool the pan little bit and grease with oil or ghee.
- Take the square dish and place crepe/pitha at the bottom of the dish to make a layer. Cut pithas in half so that you can easily cover the bottom of the dish with pitha.
- Spread some thick kheer/rabdi over the pithas.
- Next spread some prepared coconut mixture.
- Cover with another layer of pithas.
- Again repeat the process to make the layer of kheer.
- Sprinkle some chopped pistachios and rose petals.
- Spread again prepared coconut mixture.
- Like this I made 4 layers of patisapta with kheer/rabdi and coconut mixture. Be generous while adding kheer. Top layer should be of kheer/rabdi. Garnish with chopped pistachios and rose petals. You can garnish with other nuts also. Using dry rose petal is completely optional. But it’s flavour really enhances the taste of the whole dish to the next level.
- Cover the dish with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours. Even you can keep the dish overnight in the refrigerator.
- Delicious, new looking patisapta pitha is ready now to enjoy.
- You can de mould the cake with the help of the cling wrap attached to the dish or you can cut the square pieces of the patisapta cake with a sharp knife.
- Place a cake piece to a serving dish and serve cool or at room temperature.
- For excellent taste, I recommend you to enjoy this dessert next day after refrigerating it overnight. This will help to soak moisture and flavour by the pithas from kheer, coconut and rose petals. Don’t forget to serve with some extra kheer/rabdi along with the cake.
You will recognize that different kinds of berries can be extremely good for your health. The quantity of vitamin C that can be seen in berries, is one of the principal reasons you should be eating berries. The majority of berries also have loads of anti-oxidants, which is really beneficial to your overall health and is specifically good for your circulatory system. You may also be aware that antioxidants will be able to help make sure you have healthy cells and it can also help to stop the degeneration of the cells.
Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or perhaps seeds. Most nuts will have lots of protein and you can in addition find that many nuts and seeds will even provide your system with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. These fatty acids are necessary to helping your body create the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy lifestyle. Some of these hormones that are needed can only be made by having these fatty acids throughout your diet.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food patisapta cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!