Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry). How to make Kumro Shaag/Shaak Curry. Learn how to make this simple curry from the leaves of the pumpkin or squash plant. So pumpkin greens it is in soups, curries and who knows what else I might invent!
Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry). #greenveg – This is a traditional Bengali curry made with tender pumpkin leaves and few tender twigs. A whole lot of mixed vegetables are thrown in along with some fried bori / dried lentil dumplings to give some crunch to this simple, yet delicious. Pui Shaag – er Chochori is a typical Bengali dish.
Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, kumro shaag chorchori (pumpkin leaves curry). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
How to make Kumro Shaag/Shaak Curry. Learn how to make this simple curry from the leaves of the pumpkin or squash plant. So pumpkin greens it is in soups, curries and who knows what else I might invent!
Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook kumro shaag chorchori (pumpkin leaves curry) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry):
- Make ready 2-3 cups of Pumpkin leaves & tender twigs, washed, drained and chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of panch phoron (onion, fennel, fenugreek, mustard & cumin seeds).
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1-2 of green chilies, slit.
- Take 8-10 of bori / vadi (sun dried lentil dumplings).
- Take 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- Get 1 cup of each of veggies (potatoes, pumpkin, raddish, eggplants, ridge gourd, broad beans), chopped lengthwise.
- Get 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Take 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of kasundi / mustard paste.
Chorchori in Bengali – a medley of vegetables, cooked over low heat The Botanical name of Pui Shaag is Basella alba. It is also known as Malabar spinach, Red vine The leaves need to be broken from the soft stem and chopped into small pieces. Kumro Shaag Er Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry -. Aloo diye Shojne Data Chorchori (Potato – Drumsti.
Instructions to make Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry):
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the bori / vadi till golden colour. Drain and keep aside. Temper the same oil with bay leaves and panch phoron. Saute till it stops spluttering..
- Add the ginger and green chilies..
- Add all the veggies and turmeric powder. Saute till light brown..
- Add chopped twigs, greens, salt, fried vadi, coriander-cumin powder & green peas. Mix everything well. Cover and cook till done. Sprinkle water at intervals..
- When done, add kasundi & mix well. Stir fry for a few seconds..
- Serve as a side dish with rice or chapatis..
- 1. If not using kasundi, them grind 1 tbsp. mustard seeds along with 1-2 green chilies and a pinch of turmeric powder. 2. Instead of mustard paste, you can add 1 tsp. ghee to the end product. 3. Bori (dried lentil dumplings) can also be substituted for prawns in the non-veg. version. 4. Apart from the veggies I have used, you can also add raw papayas, drumstick, carrots, beans and /or parwal (pointed gourd)..
Chorchori or charchari is a great way to use up leftover vegetables from the fridge ( at least I do so). Once upon a time I would not touch a chorchori if it did not have fish. But now I have come to love the Need : Palak / Spinach leaves ( I use the stems too ) cleaned and chopped, chopped onion. Chorchori is basically a Bengali semi dry curry which is a medley of Cut and clean the shak first, cut the leaves and then chop them , also cut the danta ( tender stalk Now heat up a kadai , add mustard oil, temper it with Panch phoron ,add potato, kumro(pumpkin) and fry. Pui shaker chorchori or pui saag kumro chorchori is a very famous Bengali vegetarian Pui Saag Recipe usually served in lunch.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food kumro shaag chorchori (pumpkin leaves curry) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were simply expecting to read that, weren’t you? Green tea has been found to be rich in an amino acid called L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental acuity while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You knew green tea could help you become healthier. Now you know that applies to your mood too!
Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry): Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try a couple of of these hints instead.