Turn to Food to Boost Your Mood
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, wrapped apples. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Wrapped Apples is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Wrapped Apples is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have wrapped apples using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Wrapped Apples:
- Take 6 of apples, peeled.
- Prepare 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- Prepare of Cinnamon sugar.
- Get 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Take of Salted Caramel Sauce Ingredients.
- Get 1 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- Take 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Get 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Fleur de Sel or good quality sea salt.
Steps to make Wrapped Apples:
- To make Salted Caramel Sauce: in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup, bring to a boil. Using a wet pastry brush, wash down any crystals on the side of the pan. Boil over high heat until a deep amber caramel forms, swirling often, for about 6-12 min (be careful, because caramel will darken rapidly at this stage)..
- Remove saucepan from heat, carefully whisk in the heavy cream, butter, and salt. Let caramel cool to room temperature. Salted caramel can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Peel apples and scoop out core with a melon baller. Leave the bottom intact..
- Roll apples in cinnamon sugar until evenly coated..
- Cut puff pastry sheets length wise into 2cm wide strips. Use a knife or leaf cutter to cut out leaf shapes from one strip..
- Wrap puff pastry strips (2 per apple should be good) around apples, pressing lightly to seal the overlap. Press 2 leaf shapes at the top of the apple..
- Fill the partially cored apples with caramel sauce..
- Bake for 25 min or until puff pastry is golden brown..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food wrapped apples recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You knew it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea has been found to be rich in an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while simultaneously relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you drink green tea. And now you are aware that green tea can help improve your mood as well!
Wrapped Apples: See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.