Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies.
salted carmel apple hand pies, In general, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. There are several foods that actually can improve your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Discover How to Boost Your Mood with Food
Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook salted carmel apple hand pies using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies:
- Prepare of the dough.
- Make ready 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of – 2 sticks cold unsalted butter – cut in cubes.
- Get 1/2 cup of cold sour cream.
- Make ready of the filling.
- Make ready 2 cup of granny smith apples ( should be chopped no larger than the size of a corn kernel. I chopped mine real fine )..
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Get 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of all-purpose flour.
- Take 8 of -store bought soft carmels -roughly chopped.
- Take 1 large of flake salt.
- Make ready 1 of egg wash ( 1 egg , 1 Tbsp. water).
- Prepare 1 of crystal sanding sugar.
Steps to make Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies:
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder. Add cubed butter to the bowl & use fingers to work the butter into the flour mixture is the constistency of wet sand.Stir in sour cream. ( the dough might be very wet) turn dough out on a well floured surface..
- Knead the dough a few times till it comes together. Add .more flour 1 teaspoon at a time only if it is to sticky. Roll the dough 8x 10 retangle . Dust with flour on both sides folding intoThirds. As folding a letter. Rotate dough 90º and roll again 8×10 folding into thirds. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes..
- MAKE FILLING: In a small bowl combine Apples , lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon.mix together. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 425º. Roll dough 14"x14" square. If dough is hard . Let warm up a little.Using a 3" cookie cutter or cup. Cut as many circles as possible. Reroll dough. Keep cutting till you run out of dough. I got enough for 11 pies..
- Spoon a small amount of filling in center of each leaving a border. Top with some chopped caramels. A pinch of salt. Crimp with a fork to seal edges. Brush each pie with egg wash. With a sharp knife cut a couple vents in the top. Sprinkle with sanding sugar..
- Bake pies 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven . Allow to cool a little before serving..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food salted carmel apple hand pies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
If you wish to fight depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can really help you fight back depression.
Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies: For those who want to begin living a more healthy life the tips above can help you do that. Something that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.