Nan's Caramel Corn.
nan's caramel corn, For the most part, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and need to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be really nourishing and good for you. Some foods actually do raise your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Information on How to Elevate Your Mood with Food
Nan's Caramel Corn is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Nan's Caramel Corn is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have nan's caramel corn using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Nan's Caramel Corn:
- Make ready 24 cup of popped popcorn (do NOT use microwave popcorn!!).
- Make ready 2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of white Karo corn syrup.
- Take 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Take 1 of kosher salt.
Instructions to make Nan's Caramel Corn:
- Preheat oven to 275°F..
- Spread popcorn in TWO large roasting pans (I use the disposable aluminum turkey roasting pans)..
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, and Karo syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring only until the butter’s fully incorporated (then you don’t need to stir anymore). Cook until mixture reaches 255°F (essential to use a cooking/candy thermometer)..
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Then dump in the baking soda and quickly stir until the mixture foams up and it all becomes a lighter brown color, pretty much the same color as peanut butter (about 30 seconds of stirring)..
- Quickly pour caramel evenly over all the popcorn. Toss and mix until all the popcorn is fairly evenly coated. (Won’t be super-well coated at this point.).
- Place in oven for 10 minutes, then toss/stir again to better coat the popcorn. Bake another 10 minutes..
- Remove from oven, stir again, and quickly sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss for about a minute, allowing the caramel corn to cool off, scraping the bottom of the pan to keep it from sticking..
- Cool completely and store in airtight containers..
- My assembly line!.
- POPCORN BRANDS: I grew up in Indiana, where all the best popcorn is grown, and I tried dozens of brands over the decades. My favorite is the brand sold by the Boy Scouts. Large, consistent pop, great flavor, and perfectly shaped for candy coating. When I run out of Boy Scouts popcorn and can't get more quickly, I buy Yoder brand at the grocery because it's nearly identical. Those are my preferences, but feel free to use whatever popcorn you prefer, as long as it's not microwave!.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food nan's caramel corn recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
If you would like to battle depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3s and DHA. These are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you fight your depression.
Nan's Caramel Corn: For those of you who want to get started living a more healthy life the tips above are able to help you do that. Something that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can easily purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.