Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy. Use two flat spatulas to transfer the meatloaf to a serving platter. Slice and serve with the mushroom gravy. Meanwhile, for the gravy: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
It's smothered in a savory mushroom gravy and you won't believe it's actually good for you. The mushroom gravy is a simple, yet deeply flavorful sauce, that compliments the sliced meatloaf perfectly. EXPERT TIP: The gravy can quickly be made after you return the meatloaf back into the oven for the final cooking, or you can make it up to a day in advance and stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Information on How to Improve Your Mood with Food
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, bacon-topped meatloaf with mushrooms and gravy. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Use two flat spatulas to transfer the meatloaf to a serving platter. Slice and serve with the mushroom gravy. Meanwhile, for the gravy: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have bacon-topped meatloaf with mushrooms and gravy using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy:
- Take 1 lb of ground beef.
- Make ready 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 c of ground golden flaxseeds.
- Get 2 c of carrots, shredded.
- Take 1 of med. onion, chopped.
- Make ready 1 of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Get 1 tap of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Take 4 strips of bacon.
- Make ready 2 T of EVOO, coconut oil or butter.
- Prepare 4 oz of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Take 1 c of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 c of carrots, shredded.
Topped with a simple stock gravy, this meat loaf packs a ton of flavor. We recommend serving it with mashed potatoes and greens. To freeze, cool meat loaf and gravy completely in large ziplock freezer bags and thaw in the microwave. While the meatloaf is resting, prepare the gravy.
Instructions to make Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy:
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In large bowl, combine beef, pork, eggs, flaxseeds, carrots, onion, bell pepper, salt abd pepper. Spread evenly in a 9×13 pan. Lay bacon strips on top, cover with foil and bake 1 hour..
- In skillet, heat oil ir butter. Cook mushrooms. Remove from heat and set aside..
- After baking meatloaf an hour, remove from oven. Remove foil and pour drippings into skillet with mushrooms. Return meatloaf to oven uncovered, cook for 30 min or until thermometer inserted is 160°F and meat no longer pink..
- Place mushroom mixture over low heat and add broth. Add coconut flour 1 T at a time until desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Slice meatloaf and serve topped with gravy..
In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until tender. Combine water and cornstarch in a small cup; stir into broth. The only things I changed was because of what I was in the mood for – ketchup I am sure would have been fine but I substituted the ketchup with jarred beef gravy with mushrooms and poured what was left over the top of the meatloaf (inserted holes with my finger into the top of the meatloaf so the gravy. Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food bacon-topped meatloaf with mushrooms and gravy recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were sure it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is found to be chock-full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain’s concentration while simultaneously calming the rest of your body. You knew green tea could help you feel so much healthier. Now you are aware that green tea can help raise your mood too!
Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy: Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!