Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake.
auntie janes caramel shortcake, Many of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we ought to keep away from them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. A number of foods really do raise your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food
Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have auntie janes caramel shortcake using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake:
- Make ready of Shortbread Base.
- Get 150 grams of Self Raising Flour.
- Make ready 25 grams of Cornflour.
- Make ready 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 50 grams of Icing Sugar.
- Take 150 grams of unsalted butter.
- Take of Caramel.
- Prepare 1 can of Condensed Milk.
- Take 150 grams of brown sugar.
- Get 150 grams of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Chocolate topping.
- Get 300 grams of Milk Chocolate.
- Take 25 grams of unsalted butter.
Instructions to make Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake:
- Set oven at a cool heat, gas mark 1, 140°C (120°C, fan)..
- Place ingrediants for Shortbread base in bowl and rub in butter to make a crumb mix.
- Spread shortbread base over the base of a greased baking tray.
- Place shortbread base in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown..
- Allow base to cool, it usually takes 15 to 30 minutes to cool completely..
- Once base is cool, place the brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan and melt..
- Once sugar and butter have melted add the condensed milk and boil rapidly for 2 minutes. Whisk when boiling..
- Remove caramel from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes then stir in the salt..
- Spread the caramel over the shortbread base. Then place in fridge to cool..
- Once the caramel is cool, melt chocolate and butter. Best to do this with chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water..
- Once the chocolate is melted spread it over the caramel and allow to set..
- Once set you can cut the Caramel Shortcake into squares..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food auntie janes caramel shortcake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Cold water fish are good if you want to feel happier. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all full of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you fight back depression.
Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake: By simply following a number of the suggestions above you will find that you can be living a healthier life. Also if you cut out all the refined food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.