Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry. Mutton Curry – Bengali Special Delicious Mouthwatering Khashir Mangsher Jhol. How to Prepare Authentic Bengali Mutton Curry Recipe Mangsher Jhol is a Bengali Mutton curry which is perfect for your weekend meals.
Serve the mutton curry along with steamed rice and end it. Mangshor Jhol (Bengali light Mutton curry) in a Pressure Cooker! Why do I need a recipe separately for Mangshor Jhol when I already have Kochi Pathar Jhol on my blog?
Foods That Make You Happy
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, bengali style mangsher jhol recipe/mutton curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Mutton Curry – Bengali Special Delicious Mouthwatering Khashir Mangsher Jhol. How to Prepare Authentic Bengali Mutton Curry Recipe Mangsher Jhol is a Bengali Mutton curry which is perfect for your weekend meals.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have bengali style mangsher jhol recipe/mutton curry using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry:
- Get 1 kg of mutton.
- Take 3 of potatoes peeled & cut into halves.
- Make ready 6-8 of onions finely chopped(big size).
- Take 2 tbsp of onion paste.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of garlic paste.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Take 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Get 5 tbsp of vinegar.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Take 1/2 cup of curd.
- Prepare 4 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Well, why not when Kochi Pathar Jhol is all about the lean meat chunks from a smaller goat and that makes Mangshor. Bengali Mutton Curry or as we lovingly call it Mangshor Jhol is an age-old delicacy where mutton pieces cooked with large sized potato chunks in a spicy, hot curry. This curry should be thinner in consistency (the Bengali word jhol means a soup-like curry). One full plate of steaming hot rice can.
Steps to make Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry:
- Wash the mutton pieces properly & drain the water..
- Marinate the mutton with 1 tbsp onion paste, 1/2 tsp ginger paste, 1/2 tsp garlic paste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp vinegar & 2 tbsp mustard oil..
- Mix well.Cover & keep the meat with marination for 3-4 hours in the fridge..
- Smear little salt & turmeric powder to the peeled & halved potatoes Heat oil in a kadai & fry the potatoes till golden brown & then keep aside..
- Add 3 tsp ghee to the oil.Temper the ghee & oil with the ingredients which you take for tempering.When you get the aroma, add chopped onions & cook till the onion turns soft..
- Once the onions are soft,add sugar.Sugar when caramelize with oil will give a very nice red colour..
- Add the rest of the ginger, garlic paste & cook till oil separates..
- Now add the marinated mutton pieces with all the marinade.Mix very well..
- Saute the mutton for another 4-5 mints.Beat the yogurt & pour it in the kadai.Mix very well.Stir continuously for another 5-6 mints.Add salt..
- Add all the dry masalas & stir continuously till oil starts separates from the sides of the kadai..
- Add fried potato pieces & give it a final mix.Now add 3-4 cups warm water Let it come to a boil..
- Cook the mutton curry in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles until the meat is cooked..
- Then transfer the Mangsher jhol to a serving bowl.Dizzle 1 tsp ghee & a little garam masala powder..
- Serve hot.Serve this delicious mangsher jhil/ mutton curry along with steamed rice..
This easy Bengali Sunday Mutton curry recipe is delicious with a thin, spicy curry, Mangshor jhol Bengali Mutton Curry. But I have written paeans about it in my earlier posts so today I will talk Rabibarer mangsher jhol obsession is slowly gripping my household as well. Today's recipe of classic Bengali mutton curry or also dearly called as 'mangsher jhol' is one such treasure from our mothers' kitchens which have delighted our meals on countless Sunday afternoons! It was somewhat like a tradition in a typical Bengali household to have this mom's special mutton. The authentic Bengali recipe for mutton curry calls for mustard oil but its perfectly okay to use any vegetable oil.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food bengali style mangsher jhol recipe/mutton curry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Your mood could truly be helped by green tea. You were sure green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea is found to be chock-full of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid essentially induces brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while at the same calming the rest of your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you feel better. Now you are aware that green tea helps you to lift your moods too!
Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry: So you see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try several of these instead!