Fried corn succotash. Fried corn succotash This is a hearty meal that I grew up eating. Fried corn succotash Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, fried corn succotash.
This is gonna smell and look delicious. Fried corn succotash is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. From succotash to corn salad, fresh corn works its way onto our skillets as much as possible during Southern summers – and for a good reason.
Try Using Food to Boost Your Mood
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, fried corn succotash. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fried corn succotash is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Fried corn succotash is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Fried corn succotash This is a hearty meal that I grew up eating. Fried corn succotash Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, fried corn succotash.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have fried corn succotash using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Fried corn succotash:
- Make ready of corn.
- Take 1/2 of green pepper.
- Get 1/2 of red pepper.
- Take 1/2 of red onion.
- Get 1/2 of white onion.
- Take 3 of cobs of corn.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen okra.
- Make ready 1 can (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce.
- Take 1 can (14.5 oz) of stewed tomatoes.
- Take 2 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- Make ready 1 of red pepper flakes.
- Get 1 of onion powder.
Corn season is a thing of beauty, adding color to our frying pans and sweet flavor to our dinners. While there are any number of ways to show off great summer corn – oven-roasted or grilled corn on the cob always please – there's something about. Skillet Succotash Recipe – You'll need these ingredients. I've got fresh okra and a few fresh tomatoes that a friend just shared with me.
Instructions to make Fried corn succotash:
- Shuck and boil your corn cobs in salted water for about 10 mins. Makes it easier to cut your corn off the cob..
- Fry 2 to 3 strips of bacon in cooking oil. While bacon is cooking cut up your peppers and onions..
- Use a fork to chop up bacon. In the same pan that you cooked the bacon put your onions and peppers in and start to sautee along with the bacon. I like to use a cast iron skillet. Feel free to use any large cooking skillet. Also feel free to leave out bacon for a vegetarian recipe..
- Add salt, pepper and onion powder to vegetables and bacon. I like some red pepper flakes to balance the sweetness. I was heavy on the red pepper flakes..
- Take your corn off the heat and run under cold water. Let cool and cut your corn off the cob. Add to skillet with other ingredients. Keep stirring and let your ingredients mix well..
- Add your stick of butter a very small amount of water and turn your heat way down on your pan and cover. This helps your corn to soften up..
- Take your okra out the freezer and slice. Much easier to slice them frozen. I didn't use the entire bag I only used about a quarter of the bag or about 10 pieces..
- Add your sliced okra to your skillet, your can of tomato sauce and your can of stewed tomatoes with liquid. Do not drain them..
- Check the flavor and addore salt, pepper and onion powder to desired taste. Keep the flame low and simmer for about another 45 mins. Stir occasionally. I like to serve mines over white rice with sweet corn bread on the side. Enjoy!!.
It would be nice to have fresh corn and Lima beans as well, but these frozen ones will work pretty well. I'm also using a fresh Vidalia Onion while they are still in season. Just saying. … If you want more delicious corn, try my Southern Fried Corn recipe or for even more Okra, you gotta try my Fried Okra!! Succotash, a savory combination of corn and beans, is a southern staple dish with a long history. Seventeenth century Native Americans introduced "msickquatash" to struggling colonial.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food fried corn succotash recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You just knew it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually stimulates brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You knew green tea could help you be so much healthier. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also!
Fried corn succotash: As you can see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Test out these suggestions instead!